History

  • 1923 Stahlwarenfabrik Steinbrück & Drucks is founded in Solingen, the home of the blade-making industry
  • in the 1950s, production of specialist blades for the trades and DIY work is added to supplement razor blade manufacture
  • In the 1960s, the manufacturing programme is expanded to include special-purpose cutters and blades for industry
  • In the 1970s, the company begins to focus on machine knives for European industry (food processing, packaging, plastics, textiles, fibres)
  • In the 1980s, the company focussed more heavily on manufacturing blades for technical purposes for the trades and industry with all manner of grinding methods and designs
  • 1987 - the company moves to new premises with 11,000 sq m of factory space
  • 1995 - quality certification to DIN ISO 9001
  • 2000 - the company is converted to an AG (company limited by shares); Introduction of profit sharing for employees
  • Family-run firm now in its fourth generation, currently with 110 employees and annual sales of approx. € 12 m

  • © Mozart AG
  • Schmalzgraben 15
  • D - 42655 Solingen
  • Fon +49 (0)212 - 22 09-0
  • Fax +49 (0)212 - 20 86-63
  • Imprint
  • M